This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others may be necessary for the website to function properly. You should configure your browser to only accept the cookies you wish to approve, or leave this website. Do you accept Cookies?
Synthonia • Recording. Need a help
This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others may be necessary for the website to function properly. You should configure your browser to only accept the cookies you wish to approve, or leave this website. Do you accept Cookies?

Recording. Need a help

Recording. Need a help

Postby Garkavtsev » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:13 pm

Hello everyone, I have a problem with recording to PC. I use one cabel for recording (put it to Mix-connector, near headphones) and connect it to PC, for recording use the program Goldwave. But after saving, I hear just background, if listen it on phone, or on device with one speaker. I recorded twice to mix it in FL studio, and when I mixed, I have seen, that audio haven't audio-waves, it's just clean line. It seems. that I recorded just some mono version, which not sounds normaly. What I should to do? Maybe use cable, divided into two parts and put it not just mix-connector, but in mono-connector too, which higher, or what?
Thank you.
Garkavtsev

Re: Recording. Need a help

Postby cecchino » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:47 pm

Garkavtsev wrote:Hello everyone, I have a problem with recording to PC. I use one cabel for recording (put it to Mix-connector, near headphones) and connect it to PC, for recording use the program Goldwave. But after saving, I hear just background, if listen it on phone, or on device with one speaker. I recorded twice to mix it in FL studio, and when I mixed, I have seen, that audio haven't audio-waves, it's just clean line. It seems. that I recorded just some mono version, which not sounds normaly. What I should to do? Maybe use cable, divided into two parts and put it not just mix-connector, but in mono-connector too, which higher, or what?
Thank you.

Sorry, I did not fully understand what you did. Which connector did you use on your PC, and which kind of cables? Do you have an audio interface or do you use the audio input connector of your PC?
You should pay attention to the fact that your Kurzweil has probably balanced outputs. If you put a stereo jack into its output and the other end into a normal stereo input you will kill most of the signal.
Let me know some more details about your connections, and I'll try to help you better : Wink :
Yamaha MOXF8, Kurzweil SP4-7, Roland AX-Synth, Edirol PCR-M80, Yamaha FB-01, Korg M3R, M-Audio Audiophile FW, MacBook Pro, Mainstage 3
cecchino

Postby Garkavtsev » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:24 pm

I haven't audio interface and use audio input at PC. And yes, I used a stereo jack.
What I need to have and how it use correctly to have normal quality sound? And what programs do you recommend to recording? Thank you!
Garkavtsev

Postby cecchino » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:58 pm

So you better use a double cable with two mono 1/4" jacks on the Kurzweil side and one 1/8" stereo jack on the PC side.
For instance you may use an adapter like this one:
and connect two mono jack cables from the red and black ends of the adapter to the mix R and L outputs of you Kurzweil (while the stereo mini-jack goes quite obviously into the PC plug : Chessygrin : ).
I do not record on Windows, but when I used to do so on Linux I used Audacity, which is multi-platform (also runs under Windows and MacOS).
Try it, it's very simple but really not bad : Wink :
I assume you already installed the ASIO (or ASIO4all) drivers for your PC internal audio card, in order to reduce latency.
Yamaha MOXF8, Kurzweil SP4-7, Roland AX-Synth, Edirol PCR-M80, Yamaha FB-01, Korg M3R, M-Audio Audiophile FW, MacBook Pro, Mainstage 3
cecchino

Postby Garkavtsev » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:13 pm

Thank You for answer.
Garkavtsev

Return to K2 series